From ZineWikiJump to navigationJump to search
Frequent topics include consumer/popular culture, karaoke, Liz's job as a manager at Quimby's bookstore, and health.
Selections from Caboose are reprinted in volume nine of Zine Yearbook, released in 2008.
- #1 - Worst job interview ever, working at a Sanrio store, and childhood camping trips. (January 2002)
- #2 - "The suckass CDs I've Traded issue." (June 2002)
- #3 - "The Modular Karaoke issue." Karaoke stories, with contributions from karaoke friends Joe, Rachel, Pete and Dave. (December 2002)
- #4 - "The Ridiculous issue." Working at a renaissance fair, teenage obsessions
- #5 - "The Improvement issue." Working out at the gym, Courtney Love diet tips, and being on a reality show. (2005)
- #6 - "The Health & Recreation issue." Dealing with chronic pain and being diagnosed with fibromyalgia. (November 2007)
- #7 - "Britney Spears 101." pop stardom, consumerist empires, public scrutiny through the lens of Britney Spears and being diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma cancer
- #8 - "reDraft Picks. celebrity memoir rubrics, names for cats, karaoke, reviews, musings on outer limits
- #9 - "Masons on Masons: How to Start a Secret Society." Made in collaboration with husband Joe Mason, fraternal orders & forbidden knowledge
- #10 - "The Searching Issue." taking a class in transcendental meditation.
- #11 - "Loss Lessons." the death of parents and pets.
- #12 - "Jury Duty." being assigned a week long jury duty assignment in Chicago
- #13 - "The Connection Issue." connections made with people using technology and print (February 2021)
caboosezine [at] gmail [dot] com