Kaetlin Perna (July 22, 1984 - Present)
Kaetlin was born in the cold, steely labor room of Rochester General Hospital, one warm, sunny early afternoon in July. Born of her two thirty something parents, and the youngest of five children, young Kaetlin was taught at an early age to entertain herself, as no one would do it for her. She expanded into her imagination creating friends such as Gocko, her imaginary twin brother, and playing with matchbox cars under the porch of her Henrietta, NY house.
Soon after her fifth birthday, her parents went their separate ways as did much of her older family members, and Kaetlin sunk deeper into her imagination and creativity, soon becoming an outcast even to herself, as she bounced around from school to school. Writing concertos and liberettos, mastering the violin and the melodic instruments of the percussive section, Kaetlin gifted herself in music and theory, but quickly gave it up when she realized the drama and disappointment of the Rush Henrietta Senior High School music wing habitants, turning her attentions to theatre, film and writing, at just fourteen years old. Here is where the genius was found, as she didn't realize, while studying music, that it was something she was kind of good at.
Eight years later, she's written crap and masterpieces alike.
- The Year of the Kaet
- A collective zine of columns, correspondences and other random crap.
- Issue One: Confessions of a Bohemian Sellout
(May 2006 - Present)
- A weekly column of musings of a record store, the bathroom and the underground artistries of the neo-cultural movement in society.
- The Depressive Diaries of Kaetlin Perna
(October 2006 - Present)
- A creative non-fiction webseries of Kaetlin and her depressive tendencies.
- Episode One: Kaetlin is a writer.
- Episode Two: Kaetlin likes a lot of tv.
- Episode Three: Kaetlin hates wet feet.
- Episode Four: Kaetlin likes scary things. (written by Melissa Garner)
- Episode Five: (Filming.)
- Episode Six: (In Preproduction.) (written by Jason Quackenbush)
- Open Mic Tour
- A collected photo documentary of a four day tour of New York City poetry open mics in September. (In production.)
email kaetsoleil at gmail dot com