Sean "Goblin" Aaberg is an illustrator, comic drawer, fine artist, writer, musician, cultural manipulator and zine publisher from Oakland, California. He and his family are currently residing in Eugene, Oregon.
Sean came up in the punk scene of the early 90s, gaining notoriety while playing drums for and producing all promotional art for his hardcore band The Masked Men. Sean was the only zine editor in the Bay Area at the time who identified and dressed like a Chaos Punk, with multi-colored bi-hawks, spiked and studded jacket, bullet belt and all that sort of thing.
Sean got into zines after picking up an old issue of Factsheet Five at Dark Carnival Books in 1988. He was stunned by the incredible variety of strange underground zines being published at the time and was determined to add to the pile. Sean's zines are consistently critically acclaimed by other zine editors, but rarely gain a large following.
- Goblin's Armpit 1988-1998
- Kid Vile 1994
- Molotov 1995-1996
- Go! 1999-2000
- Orange 2001
- Oakslander Lakeside Gazette 2002
- Binocular Rebellious 2003
- The Goblin 2004-
Contributions to other zines
- Slug and Lettuce Lots of drawings
- The Portable Head Lots of comics
- Roctober Lots of comics
- Fish Piss Cider article reprinted
- Kitchen Sink Did a bunch of illustrations
- Slingshot Organizer Did the cover for the 2003 edition
- Sean's Punk drawings frequently appeared in Slug and Lettuce from 1995-1997.
- Sean illustrated the cover of Ragady Anne's (pre-Donnas Donnas) first release in 1994.
- Sean called for the American Chaos Days in 1995 and 1996 in the East Bay.
- Sean played drums for Baltimore's A//Political in 1997 and is drumming on their cassette release of "Planting the Seeds of Revolution".
- Sean is a founding member of the Oaklandish Arts group.
- Sean volunteered with the Longhaul Infoshop from 1994-1995
- GOBLINKO - Goblinko, Sean's company
- Sean's Blog - Sean's Blog
- Eaten By Ducks - Group art blog that Sean contributes to.
Sean "Goblin" Aaberg & Goblinko pobox 12044 Eugene OR 97440 USA