Scissor Press is a media company that was formed in late 2000 by Jackson Ellis and Douglas Novielli, who stepped down in 2003. Jason Marchi became a third partner in 2002, and left Scissor Press in 2004. It is operated today by Jackson Ellis and Nathaniel Pollard.
Scissor Press is best known for publishing Verbicide Magazine.
Publications and media projects by Scissor Press
- Verbicide Magazine, (1999-present)
- Terraspatial webzine, edited by Douglas Novielli (2000-2002)
- "Get Away Volume" CDEP by The Mishaps on Scissor Press Records (July 2002)
- Jason Marchi's New Century Writer Awards (partnership, 2002-2003)
- The Anvil writers guide (one issue, October 2002)
- Excommunication Fanzine (two issues, 2002-2003)
- Boston Heights Magazine (one issue, April 2004)
- Abstract Fantasy comic books by Nathaniel Pollard (2004-present)
- PROTECT: Punk Rock Benefit Compilation CD in cooperation with Fat Wreck Chords (October 2005)
- VerbicideMagazine.com webzine (2006-present)
- Verbicide New Sounds CD sampler series on Scissor Press Records, (2007-present)
- "Pale & Skinny 1986 - 1992" CD by Raegan Butcher on Scissor Press Records (January 2008)