Difference between revisions of "Robert Kirby"
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Revision as of 15:52, 7 January 2008
Robert Kirby's first comic zine, published in 1991, was called Strange Looking Exile. Aside from his own comics the zine also featured work by Diane DiMassa, Roberta Gregory, Nick Leonard and Alison Bechdal. It was featured in the Factsheet Five Zine Reader.The zine ceased publication in 1994, at which time Kirby joined forces with fellow comic artist David Kelly to release a new comic compzine called Boy Trouble. Since its inception in 1994, four issues were released in zine form, with issue five, the 10th Anniversary issue, being released as a book in 2004. Contributors include Anonymous Boy, Craig Bostick, Cathy Camper, Jennifer Camper, C. Bard Cole, Michael Fahy, Leanne Franson, Andy Hartzell, G.B. Jones, Nick Leonard and Sina Shamsavari.
Robert Kirby is also the creator of the syndicated comic strip Curbside, which appears in publications such as Chicago Nightlines, Out In the Mountains and Lavender Magazine. The collected strips have been published in two books and have been translated into Spanish for a special edition. In the early 2000's, State Representative Nancy Sheltra (R-Derby) protested the presence of the publication Out In The Mountains in the Vermont Statehouse due to Kirby's strip Curbside in the magazine, which featured two bare chested male cartoon characters kissing, which Sheltra insisted was "pornographic". The paper continued to run Kirby's comic.
- Curbside: An Eensy Weensy Little Collection 2007
- Boy Trouble 1994 - present
- Strange Looking Exile 1991 - 1994
- Chicago Nightlines
- Factsheet Five
- Holy Titclamps
- Lavender Magazine
- Out In The Mountains
- Sugar Needle
- Juicy Mother 2: How They Met, edited by Jennifer Camper, Manic D Press, 2007 ISBN 978-1-933149-20-1
- The Book of Boy Trouble, Green Candy Press, 2006
- Los Chicos De La Acera De Enfrente, Ediciones La Cupula, Coleccion Novela Grafica, 2005
- Juicy Mother, edited by Jennifer Camper, Soft Skull Press, 2005 ISBN 19-932366-70-0
- Boy Trouble, Boy Trouble Books, 2004 ISBN 0-9748855-0-9
- Curbside Boys: The New York Years, Cleis Press, 2003
- Curbside, Hobnob Press, 1999
- Spice Capades, edited by Queen Itchie, Fantagraphics, 1999