Phantastes is a portuguese zine edited by Telmo Pinto and Tiago Gama of "non-limited fantastic fiction and science fiction". Written entirely in portuguese, it focuses on publishing fiction originally written in Portuguese (from Portugal or other Portuguese-speaking countries) along with fiction from other countries (preferentially non-anglophonous countries). So far, two issues have been published.
Phantastes #1 (Winter 2005)
The first issue of Phantastes, with only twelve pages, whose «Púlpito» (in English: «Pulpit»; a section reserved for small biographies of people who contributed to the fantastic or to science fiction) was occupied by Fritz Leiber; another section, Ângulos, dedicated to cinema, was inaugurated by Manuel Freire's opinion of Spielberg's "The War of the Worlds". The dutch artist Frank Koster did the cover.
- "Algum dia teria de ser o último", Telmo Marçal
- "O Legado de Deus", Tiago Gama
- "Pão com Manteiga", Telmo Pinto
- "Citações", João Ventura
- "Cápsula Temporal", João Ventura
- "Nematomumas" (in Portuguese: "Invisibilidade"), Gediminas Kulikauskas
- Crítica: "A Guerra dos Mundos", Manuel Freire
- "Fritz Leiber", Tiago Gama
Phantastes #2 (Summer 2006)
The second issue (much bigger: forty-four pages), with, apart from the six works of fiction, a short comic strip by Gavin Sodo . The cover was done by the north-american Deborah Valentine.
- "4", Alberto Figueiredo
- "Delírios Galácticos de Silva", Telmo Pinto
- "Previsões", João Ventura
- "Sondagens", João Ventura
- "Revolta na Avenida", Telmo Marçal
- "Pervert" (in Portuguese: "Pervertido"), Charles Coleman Finlay
- "Bizarre Invasion" (in Portuguese: "Invasão Bizarra"), Gavin Sodo
- "Jorge Candeias", Tiago Gama