Miss Helen is a prolific Sydney, NSW, Australia based artist and zinester, who has published notable one-off and seminal ongoing Australian zines, including Astro Gurrl (1996-?) and Fly away bird (2005-) under her the imprint Astro Press.
In addition to her zines Miss Helen writes a blog, designs knitting patterns, creates knitted cupcakes and animals, takes digital photographs and 'wears froofy dresses'.
She is current studying towards a Bachelor of Design at COFA.
P.O. Box 730
Sutherland NSW 1499
miss.helen at gmail.com
Betrayal/Three Miss Helens, March 2009, Old Allan's Cake Shop, Tiny Stadiums Festival, Erskinville.
- A mixed media collaboration with artist, Hiromi Tango.
- Hosted in a pink abandoned bakery in the heart of Erskinville.
Zine factory, 18 August - 14 October, 2007, Lewers House, Penrith Regional Gallery & The Lewer Bequest
- The exhibition featured an installation work by Miss Helen 'Girls Room', and another by Leigh Rigozzi, as well as an exhibition of historic Australian zines, curated by Glenn Barkley. The Spring Zine Fair, 1 September, 10am-5pm, was held in conjunction with the exhibition.
Le Petite Bakery, Don't Look Gallery, Dulwich Hill, 2007.
- Knitted cupcakes and other baked goods. Has since toured to other galleries such as Hazelhurst Regional Gallery.
2004: Australian Culture Now: Networked
- The exhibition featured a survey of online art, and included spycore.net, Miss Helen's personal blog. [catalogue page online]
- Contributor to Kiddi spitt (2008), along with Sarah "Rah Rah" Shanahoy, Kalindy, Chrisboy and Shelagh.
- The revenge of Le Petite Bakery (2008-)
- Flowerpot world, Vol. 2 : Village fete (the) (2008)
- Flowerpot world, Vol. 1 : Cupcakes, tea and high drama (or not) (2008)
- Turtelly : the girl gang zine (September 2007) by Miss Helen, Sarah "Rah Rah" Shanahoy, Kalindy Sparkle and Anthea. "Post Millenial Riot Grrrl Lifestyle".
- The rabbit and the bear (October 2007), by Miss Helen and Vanessa Berry
- How to make a zine... (September 2007), by Miss Helen and Maddy Phelan
- 7:50 (Winter 2007)
- The zine factory 18 August - 14 October, Lewers House, Penrith Regional Gallery & The Lewer Bequest, by Miss Helen and Leigh Rigozzi
- Rollermâche (August 2007), ABC Kids
- Tractation on being a single sheila (August 2007)
- 10:01 (December 2006)
- The bubbles pop (Winter 2006)
- The Little Golden Book of Angst (2006)
- 'My Blythe girls', in A Pocket Full of Posies (October 2006) edited by Maddy Phelan, Melisa Tomkins and Carla Velasquez Uzbeaga.
- Fly away bird (2005-; 6 issues)
- Secret agent chicken (2001-?)
- Astrogulch (c. 1997) - 'limited edition poster zine'.
- Astro Gurrl (1996-?)