jae steele is a zinester and holistic nutritionist who lives in Montreal, Quebec. She has over fifteen zines under her belt including five cookzines, four zines on sexual health, two knit zines and a zine on herbal healing.
She made her first zine in the late 1990's when she and some friends started up a feminist health collective as a high school co-op project in Toronto.
jae's cookzine writing have led to the development of her food-based weblog, Domestic Affair, and a cookbook Get It Ripe: A Fresh Take on Vegan Living, to be published by Arsenal Pulp Press in 2008.
- Ripe (4 issues - 2003-2005)
- Take Back the Knit (2 issues - 2004, 2005)
- Seed: an introduction to herbal healing
- Vegan Freegan: recipes for the rev
- Beating Around the Bush (4 issues - 2000-2003)