Difference between revisions of "From A to Zine: Building a Winning Zine Collection in Your Library"
m (From A to zine: building a winning zine collection in your library moved to From A to Zine: Building a Winning Zine Collection in Your Library: Fixing capitalization.)
Revision as of 16:59, 3 February 2010
From A to zine: building a winning zine collection in your library (Chicago: American Library Association, 2004.)
Summary: "Teen and young adult librarians, high school media specialists, academic librarians, and reference and adult services librarians will find the answers to their questions about this new and growing literary genre, including what defines a zine, the pros and cons of developing a zine collection, and best practices to promote, catalog, and display zines in your library."--BOOK JACKET.
1. Welcome to the world of zines
2. Zine culture 101
3. Intellectual freedom, the library bill of rights, and zines
4. To collect or not to collect : the whys and wherefores
5. The Salt Lake City Public Library zine collection
6. Getting started
7. What do you do with them once you've got them?
8. Living arrangements
9. Spreading the word
10. Programming and outreach
11. Electronic zine culture : e-zines, blogs, and more
App. How to start your own zine
App. Review zines
App. Zine fairs and conferences
App. Zine libraries
App. Stores that carry zines.