The name Anonymous Boy was given to him by G.B. Jones, editor of J.D.s, when his first contribution appeared in that zine in the late 1980's. His drawings received much attention and after J.D.s stopped publishing his work began appearing in zines such as Outpunk, Speed Demon, The Burning Times, Aunt Franne, Teen Fag and many others. As well, he has provided art for records and posters by Pansy Division and Lone Wolves and for the cover of the queer punk compilation record Stop Homophobia #2, released by Turkey Baster Records.
He began releasing his own fanzines at this time, beginning with Anonymous Boy, a self-titled collection of his drawings and contributions to other zines. In 1996, he released his first film Green Pubes, the only animated queercore film ever made. Produced on Super 8 mm film, it employs a DIY technique of animation to great effect and has played at film festivals around the world. After the release of his film, he began the zine Homopunk World which features interviews, articles on queer punks and bands, and queer punk events. In addition to his regularly published zines, he has also released the titlesPunk Rock Freakazoid, The Zine Sin? and Straight and Narrow.
At present, Anonymous Boy plays electric autoharp and sings in the punk rock band he formed in the late 2000's, called The Spines.
Contributions to other zines
- Aunt Franne
- Bite Size
- Boy Trouble
- The Burning Times
- Double Bill
- Maximum Rock 'N' Roll
- Speed Demon
- Teen Fag
- The Book of Boy Trouble Volume 2: Born To Trouble, edited by Robert Kirby and David Kelly, Green Candy Press, 2008
- The Book of Boy Trouble, edited by Robert Kirby and David Kelly, Green Candy Press, 2006
- Boy Trouble, edited by Robert Kirby and David Kelly, Boy Trouble Books, 2004 ISBN 0-9748855-0-9
- What's Right? Graphic Interpretations Against Censorship, Arsenal Pulp Press, 2003
- What's Wrong?. Arsenal Pulp Press, 2002