Wrekk started zining while living in Salt Lake City, UT.
Alex Wrekk met Joe Biel as a pen pal in the late '90s. Shortly after Biel's house burned down, they decided to move to Portland together, where they ran Microcosm Publishing out of their house. A few years later, Microcosm grew and moved into office space below Liberty Hall, in large part thanks to the original zines and books they were publishing, including Wrekk's own successful Stolen Sharpie Revolution resource.
Contributions to Compzines
- $100 & A T-Shirt DVD
- Coffeeshop Crushes
- Make Something book
- O #4
- You Can Work Any 100 Hours Per Week You Want (In Your Underwear)!!
- An audio chapter on the IPRC Audio Zine CD.
- Selections from "Brainscan #21" for the Zinester Podcasts series.
- Brainscan (perzine)
- Birthdays & Christmas / Faking Distance
- Don't Send Me Flowers
- Stolen Sharpie Revolution