Here. In My Head
As of 2017, seventeen issues of the zine have been published, which are available through Marching stars Distro, Pen Fight Distro, Dead Trees and Dye Distro, Vampire Sushi Distro, Fight Boredom Distro, Fluxxii, Sweet Candy Distro, Take Care Distro, or by contacting Catherine directly.
- Here. In My Head. #1 features written pieces about not shaving, the ongoing need for feminism in university, body image, and being a feminist musician. Also includes a cake recipe, lists of loves and hates, poetry, and top 20 albums. Now out of print.
- Here. In My Head. #2 features introspective pieces about her musical development, anger and betrayal, drunken thoughts on sexist jokes, and insecurities caused by a sexist magazine article. Also features a poem and some lists of favourite things. Now out of print.
- Here. In My Head. #3 is a special half-sized issue dedicated to the release of her debut demo, the Not Sorry EP. Included are her thoughts on the music scene, the zine scene, her personal insecurity and jealousy issues, feelings of loneliness and guilt, and some lyrics from the EP. Now out of print.
- Here. In My Head. #4 features written pieces on the importance of friendships, casual sexism and rape jokes, jealousy and feminism (and her ongoing battle with jealousy), creativity and happiness. Also features some lists.
- Here. In My Head. #5 features written pieces on girl-hate, beauty, self-loathing and personal growth, the dynamic nature of love, feminist book recommendations, and trying to reconcile one's personality with one's feminist beliefs.
- Here. In My Head. #6 is an alphabet zine, with a wide variety of topics including Body, Feminism, Hair, Ire, Memories, Noise, Piano, Serendipity, University, Vulva, Wales, and Xmas.
- Here. In My Head. #7 / Your Pretty Face is Going Straight to Hell #14 is a split-zine with Miss Tukru. Inside, Catherine writes about being a shy girl, how to cope with the oppressive norms of feminine appearance, self-help advice, and personal development. Tukru writes about roller derby, Typical Grrls, her job, 2010 being a shitty year, and resolutions for 2011.
- Here. In My Head. #8 was written for the zine anthology published by Planned Parenthood of Northern New England. Inside, Catherine writes about blood, sex, abortion, religion, choice, shame, and growth.
- Here. In My Head. #9 features pieces on technology, thealogy (goddess worship), common anti-feminist arguments, and being a graduate. Also includes some lists.
- Here. In My Head. #10: The University Years is a collection of stories about my experiences, with some practical advice for students and would-be students. She writes about living away from home, academia, making friends, the Students’ Union, and graduating.
- Here. In My Head. #11: A 24-Hour Zine was created for the 24 Hour Zine Thing, and features pieces on being creative, self-esteem and self-empowerment, contraception, minor annoyances, and small pleasures.
- Here. In My Head. #12 self-improvement and new year’s resolutions, plans for the future, misogyny in rock, identity, and developing a sense of self.
- Here. In My Head. #13 shyness, social anxiety, self-esteem, privilege, confidence, sharing your voice, and thoughts about being a ‘proper’ adult.
- Here. In My Head. #14 writings on mental health recovery, being a “bitch receptionist”, favourite Tori Amos music, things to tell her teenage self, and the Suffering Artist myth.
- Here. In My Head. #15 experiences living with IBS, and includes topics such as triggers, shame, body image, coping techniques, tips and tricks, and how to be an ally to chronically ill people.
- Here. In My Head. #16 the process of recording her new EP ‘So Far From Whole’, thoughts on being a multipotentialite/scanner, on being considered boring, and favourite music.
- Here. In My Head. #17 A tour diary of my ‘So Far From Whole’ EP UK tour, featuring personal reflections on the experience, gig reviews, tweets, ephemera, and a list of favourite service stations.