Heath Row has read, published, and reviewed zines and related grassroots media since 1988. He first encountered zines through Maximum Rock 'N' Roll. Over the years, he has published or contributed to zines such as No Drama, Blow, Fifth Man, Karma Lapel (and KL-chan), Media Diet, Hedge Trimmings, Stafficidal Tendencies (later, ST), Raasochomix, Brooklyn!, and Flower. He reviews zines for Zine World (under the editorships of Doug Holland and Jerianne Thompson) and poetry for Small Press Review.
In 2008, Heath became interested and involved in Amateur Press Associations (APAs). He's an active member of the National Amateur Press Association, American Amateur Press Association, Fantasy Amateur Press Association, ERB-APA, N'APA (the APA of the National Fantasy Fan Federation), Alarums & Excursions, and The Connection. He currently publishes the following APAzines: Karma Lapel, Hedge Trimmings, Snow Poster Township, Jungle Radio, Snow Poster City, The Game Closet, and The Wild Analyst. He's also a member of the Fossils.
From 2009 to 2010, he was the editor of The National Fantasy Fan. He serves as official editor of .zap!!, the APA of alt.zines. Heath also compiles Active APAs, a directory of just that; and publishes Papernet Gazet, a Global Mail-like zine about mail art and stuff.
- No Drama (1988)
- Fifth Man
- Media Diet (1997)
- Karma Lapel (1992-1996, 2008-)
- .zap!! (1995-1996, 2008-)
- Papernet Gazet (2009-)
- The National Fantasy Fan (2009-2010)
- National Amateur Press Association (2008-): Karma Lapel
- American Amateur Press Association (2008-): Hedge Trimmings
- The Connection (2008): The Wild Analyst
- Alarums & Excursions (2008-): The Game Closet
- ERB-APA (2008-): Jungle Radio
- N'APA (2008-): Snow Poster City
- Fantasy Amateur Press Association (2009-): Snow Poster Township